21 June 2011

My Mom always used to say, "There's no quicker way to a mother's heart than through loving her children."

And my dear friend Claire Wise is one of few people on this Earth who has met and loved all three of my babies.

Claire has a special place in my heart. Not only has she used her remarkable talent as a photographer to craft beautiful, priceless images of our three children over the past several years, but she has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She loves hard and pours herself out for perfect strangers. I am always amazed at what she can do with her camera. But more, every time I am with her I am amazed by the woman God is crafting her to be. She is a treasure.

We had the privilege of spending yesterday afternoon with Claire while she took pictures of us and our babes. My sister came along to help out (you should have seen all the delightful singing and dancing she was doing behind Claire to keep the kids' attention - she worked HARD!) and when she saw these pictures this morning she said, "It was a lovely location and all, but it was a farm and it was hot! Claire made everything look so cool and peaceful and dreamy - like a summer afternoon in a storybook. I don't know how she does it!"

She really does just capture a slice of childhood.
Photobucket

These are our sneak peeks and I am just beside myself with joy. I can take a thousand pictures of my family with my little DSLR, but there is nothing like going to a professional and letting her work her magic.

Photobucket

Thank you, friend! For sharing your amazing talents
and friendship with us! We adore you!

All images copyright ClaireWise Photography, 2011.

11 comments:

Claire Wise Photography said...

Ok you made me cry AGAIN! I love you all.

Claire Wise Photography said...

Oh and Rebecca deserves some sort of award for all the dancing in the heat!

Kaira said...

These are just the loveliest...

Sarah Robbins said...

Beautiful! The red tricycle looks so cute with the bright colors and summer sun.

Jessie said...

those pictures are AMAZING!!! they make me want to go get our family pictures taken too! you all look great :)

Tracy said...

they turned out great, Rae! I love the one of Hazel! <3

Andrea said...

Beautiful! I love the touch of the tricycle - the perfect childhood accessory.

Sarah-Anne said...

WOW! just wow!! those are amazing. :D

Audrey said...

Thats our Claire. There's just nobody better. Love her.

Cutest family picture ever! I totally have one by that exact same gate. :)

Ashley said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I now have the itch to get good family pictures taken. Also, I LOVE how Oliver is your mini me and Hazel is Ryan's. Perfection!

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures... we need to have family pictures done SOON!!